Federal Skilled Trade Worker Program


The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.

Our Express Entry Application Agency will quickly bring you to the pool and give you the best opportunity for selection with a profile.

How this program works?

Click to see all the mandatory requirements:

  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

Minimum Requirements

  • The candidate must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years.
  • The candidate demonstrates sufficient proficiency in one of Canada’s official languages. The level of proficiency required is determined by the occupation in which the candidate gained qualifying Canadian work experience.
  • The candidate must meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC Level B), except for needing a certificate of qualification.
  • The candidate must have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.
  • The candidate must be admissible to Canada on medical, criminal or security grounds.
  • You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers.