Visitor Visa In Canada


A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is a legal document that gets stick in passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada. Most travellers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need one if you’re transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your destination. Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. The border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months at port of entry. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might provide visitor record which will show the date you need to leave by.


Frequently Asked Questions

Visitors are allowed to stay for six months or until the first visa is valid.

You must formally submit a request to Citizenship & Immigration Canada once you are in Canada if you decide to be outside the approved period (CIC). The above requirements must continue to be met. If an extension is refused, you must immediately leave Canada. Please contact us for more information if you currently have a Canada tourist visa in Canada and are interested in extending your stay.

No, unless you have submitted a request and CIC has approved it, you will not be allowed to work.

A multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. This visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for duration of up to 2 years at a time. If somebody want to stay for 6 month or less then they should apply for visitor visa.

  1. It allows applicant to stay in Canada for maximum of 2 years
  2. It is for Parents/Grandparents of P.R./Canadian Citizen